Maastricht UMC+ is well-prepared for the arrival of patients infected with the coronavirus. To prevent the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, we have taken additional measures that will also affect you being a patient or a visitor.
The Maastricht UMC+ is taking measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. They are set out here. The national guidelines - see illustration - continue to apply. You, as a patient or visitor, are also subject to the following rules of conduct.
Measures that we ask you to take
- Wear your own non-medical face mask. We ask everyone from 13 years and older to bring a 'non-medical' face mask. Wear your mask at the entrance and in all of our public spaces, such as the hallway and waiting areas.
- We would also ask you to attend your hospital appointment alone. If this is not possible, you may have a maximum of one person accompanying you.
- We would ask you to be at the hospital no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment. If you're earlier, please wait outside or in your car and don't come in sooner.
- We provide hand sanitising facilities at the hospital entrance and at each reception desk in our outpatient clinics. Use the hand sanitiser to clean your hands!
- Please follow your walking route in the hospital indicated by lines on the floor.
- In the hospital, always keep 1.5 metres away from other patients, visitors and staff (6 feet, at least two arms’ length).
- In places where patients or staff can't pass at the same time, there are waiting areas where you can wait at a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
- Our staff will be wearing protective equipment during physical examinations. They do so to protect your and their own health.
- If you are coming to the hospital, please note that our staff members are not shaking hands. We trust that you understand this.
- The person accompanying you must be free of corona symptoms, this means that he/she has no fever or a nose cold and is not coughing or sneezing.
- If a treatment takes several hours, the person accompanying you might not go with you into the consulting and examination room, but may have to wait in one of our general waiting area’s in the Serrehal or the Poliplein.
General coronavirus information
You can find this on the English language website of the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment): https://www.rivm.nl/en
Advice for suppliers
Do you deliver products or provide services to Maastricht UMC+? If so, we urgently request that you comply with the measures listed above, in the effort to prevent the coronavirus from spreading. If you have symptoms such as coughing or sneezing, please do not come to or enter the hospital. In this way, we want to protect the health of our patients and staff. For more information, see also our page on purchase terms.