All agreements concluded with Maastricht UMC+ are subject to Dutch law. The following general terms and conditions of payment shall apply to all agreements between the hospital/specialist and the patient concerning hospital admission, and/or (outpatient) clinical treatment, the delivery of goods, the provision of services, the delivery of medicinal drugs and dressings, medical aids and devices and so on, and in general anything performed or provided by or on behalf of the hospital and charged to patients and other natural persons and legal entities.
- Invoices must be paid without any discount or compensation within 30 days of the invoice date by deposit or transfer to one of the accounts specified on the invoice or at the Maastricht UMC+ office.
- Maastricht UMC+ is entitled to demand full or partial payment in advance or the provision of security in cases where it deems there to be a clear reason to do so.
- If payment is not made within 30 days of the invoice date, the debtor shall be in default by operation of law and owe Maastricht UMC+ the following, without any reminder or notice of default being required:
- default interest, at the statutory rate, calculated from the due date of the outstanding invoice amount until the date of payment in full;
- administrative costs, which are hereby set at € 25.
- If the debtor is in default or fails to fulfil his/her obligations on time, all reasonable costs incurred in obtaining payment out of court shall be borne by the debtor. In any event, the debtor shall owe the costs of debt collection for a monetary claim. Debt-collection costs are calculated in accordance with the debt-collection rate as recommended by the Netherlands Bar Association in such cases. If Maastricht UMC+ has incurred higher reasonable and necessary costs, these shall also be charged to the debtor. The debtor shall also bear any reasonable legal and enforcement costs incurred.
- If the debtor is domiciled in Belgium, Maastricht UMC+ has the right to submit the claim to the District Court of Tongeren and the District Court of Tongeren has exclusive competence to hear the claim.