Maastricht UMC+ is well-prepared for the arrival of patients infected with the coronavirus. To prevent the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, we have taken additional measures that affect you as a patient or a visitor.
Are you concerned about your own health? For example, do you have flu symptoms such as coughing or sneezing and/or have you been to a risk area? In such a case, always telephone your own GP first. Do not go to the hospital or GP out-of-hours service!
For up-to-date information on the coronavirus and risk areas, please visit the National Institute for Public Health (RIVM) website.
Do you have an appointment?
If you have an appointment at one of our outpatient clinics or medical test departments, or if an operation is scheduled:
- we will consider very carefully whether or not you need to come to the hospital
- we will arrange an alternative for you, such as a telephone consultation
- we will contact you, so you do not have to phone us yourself
- if you do not receive a telephone call, you can come for your appointment or operation as arranged
Do you want to visit a patient?
Although the advice is that we would prefer people not to visit our patients, we do permit one visitor per patient per day.
Different rules apply on nursing ward A5, where no more visits are allowed for the time being. This is partly at the request of the extremely vulnerable patients themselves.
You can find the visiting times for each ward here.
Measures that you can take
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
- Use paper tissues and dispose of them straight after use.
- If you are coming to the hospital, please note that our staff members are not shaking hands. We trust that you understand this.
- Stay at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- If you plan to visit a patient and you have a cough or you are sneezing, please postpone your visit.
- If you are worried that you might be infected with the coronavirus, please contact your GP.
Advice for suppliers
Do you deliver products or provide services to Maastricht UMC+? If so, we urgently request that you comply with the measures listed above, in the effort to prevent the coronavirus from spreading. If you have symptoms such as coughing or sneezing, please do not come to or enter the hospital. In this way, we want to protect the health of our patients and staff. For more information, see also our page on purchase terms.
General coronavirus information
You can find this on the website of the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment).