Our Team Medical Social Work: "We are there for you!"
You're sick and you are therefore included for treatment at the University Hospital Maastricht. Possibly this disease, the hospitalization or the treatment can cause stress in different areas. For you or your loved ones. For instance about work, relationships, family, finances.
What is social work?
We can support you and your loved ones on problems and the consequences associated with being sick. The medical social worker can help you with for example the following questions:
- Can I continue to live on my own?
- How do I deal with my personal emotions?
- How can I combine hospital visits and work?
- How can I, as a parent or partner, accompany a sick family member and why do I find that so difficult?
- Does social legislation provide in the costs that the illness entails?
Where can we support you?
- Psychosocial development: we focus on the problems that occur in the interaction between the patient and its surroundings. Interaction and factors in the individual, between individuals and the environment.
- Practical and informative assistance: think of leaving arrangements, leadership, assistance and patient organizations.
- Research and reporting: exploring possibilities in terms of facilities and agencies, but also at the level of the patient.
- Signaling social problems, cuts: signaling, advocacy and prevention.
- Working with volunteers.
- Working with social networks: as neighbors, but also the professional help that is involved.
You or your loved ones can directly contact our department medical social work.